I like summer.
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. I like it.
BUT, I will admit I probably wouldn’t like it AS well if we didn’t have air conditioning and didn’t have cool water to splash in or swim in.
However, we do and I am verymuchverymuchverymuch thankful!
I like the longer days. I like reading books and digging in the dirt and watering flowerpots and watching the sprinklers spray and sparkle in the sunshine. I like wearing flip-flops.
Now for a list of ten things on my summer bucket list. Hmmm.
It’s pretty basic, down home stuff that is part of our daily. We don’t have any big, major summer plans or vacation plans. Mostly everyday living and farming! 🙂
1. Make homemade ice cream. It’s pretty hard to beat a bowl of creamy, cold homemade ice cream on a sizzling summer day.
2. Swim. I like to swim in the summer. The cool water feels so good and the white puffy clouds floating lazily above in the blue, blue sky say, “Beautiful summertime.”
3. Have a safe and productive harvest. It’s our livelihood and we work for this time all year. Running a combine in a field of golden wheat is my man’s favoritest thing evah!
4. Read. Relax. Rest.
5. Take a few evening motorcycle rides with my man.
6. Eat sweet corn! We have some rows growing along in our garden. Here’s to hoping they produce well and we keep the raccoons away!
7. Summer Bible Study. I’m working on Armor of God.
8. Lay in the hammock. This could go along with #4.
9. Take some lovely early-morning walks or catch the late-evening dusk to walk.
10. Hang on to the summer days as long as I can! They fly by too quickly!
Ice cream. Sweet Corn. Swimming. SUMMER.
Linking up with Carole ~