Is it hot where you are?
It has been quite, quite hot here.
One hundred. One hundred and five. One hundred and nine.
That kind of hot.
We’d had hot weather this summer, but the end of last week decided to amp the heat up and up.
Anytime you stepped out the door, you were met with a hot blast of heat and summertime.
It rained a bit in the night Sunday night and was damp and cooler yesterday morning.
All of this to say, today’s Ten on Tuesday Topic is very appropriate.
How do you beat the heat???
Here’s my ten ideas!
1. Find a frozen treat. I like to keep our freezer stocked with frozen fruit cups. When my kiddos were younger, we usually had popsicles around. Ice cream treats are another handy go-to! We like fudgesicles and ice cream sandwiches and drumsticks.
2. Swim. Definitely.
3. Retreat to your cool basement if you have one. Otherwise, park yourself in front of a fan, by an air conditioner vent, under a ceiling fan or close a window a/c unit!
4. Vacate the heat for somewhere cooler. Like Colorado. Our baby nieces just got back from Colorado and I can’t wait to hear what they have to say about it.
5. Drink lots of water. Add some fruit to make it pretty and refreshing.
6. Eat fresh fruit. Mmmm.
7. Take advantage of the early morning and late evenings. Grab a siesta in the hot, heat of the afternoon.
8. Watch the water from the sprinkler dance and shine. Seeing the spray delights me and makes it seem cooler.
9. Go stand under an irrigation system. My kiddos used to go play in the one close to our house.
10. Run the water from the hose over your feet as you fill your watering can and commence to water your flower pots that are thirstily longing for a drink!!
I notice one of the overarching themes in my post is water.
What a wonderful, wonderful gift! Fresh, clear, life-giving water.
We can’t survive without it.
I hope you are having a wonderful summer, despite the heat! 🙂