Today, on Tuesday, we’re updating our lists from a previous post in June. I made a summer to-do list over here.
Let’s take a look back and see what’s been happening!
Linking up with Carole ~
1. Make homemade ice cream. We have not done this yet! It still sounds so delicious. We talked about it, but it hasn’t happened. I must add ingredients to my grocery list!
2. Swim. CHECK. I’ve been swimming. And it’s wonderful.
3. Have a safe and productive harvest. It’s our livelihood and we work for this time all year. Running a combine in a field of golden wheat is my man’s favoritest thing evah! Another check!! Done and done……..until fall harvest.
4. Read. Relax. Rest. Maybe half of a check??? 🙂 We’ve had friends and family visiting and plenty of farm things and other things going on and our summer is speeding.
5. Take a few evening motorcycle rides with my man. This hasn’t happened yet! But soon. We’ve tended toward the rest and CRASH and relax when we can. 🙂 And hot weather means hot riding. This might fit better on a spring or fall bucket list.
6. Eat sweet corn! YES!!! We’ve eaten off of our first six rows of sweet corn. Delicious! We have a second planting and it is starting to tassle.
7. Summer Bible Study. I’m working on Armor of God. Check!! I still have one more handlettering page to do and a couple of pictures for Instagram and then I plan to put together a post here.
8. Lay in the hammock. This could go along with #4. I have not done this yet!!! So sad.
9. Take some lovely early-morning walks or catch the late-evening dusk to walk. Yep! I haven’t walked a lot; I’ve been swimming instead. I do love going out in the late evening and breathing in the cooled-down day and watering flowers and letting the lovely peace of the ending day wrap around me.
10. Hang on to the summer days as long as I can! They fly by too quickly! Turning my calendar to read August yesterday made me think of this and grasp onto summer. I’m not done yet!!! I will admit to a passing thought or two of pulling out pretty pumpkins and fall decor. I won’t till September, of course. Yet, it made me realize we are on the summer countdown.