1. What if….Instead of criticizing, I complimented?
2. What if instead of complaining, I gave thanks?
3. What if instead of frowning at the dirty dishes, I smiled happy because I have hot water and fragrant smelling dishsoap to wash them shiny clean?
4. What if instead of groaning at the alarm clock, I said a silent thank you for another good day?
5. What if…. instead of silent annoyance at interruptions, I praised God for the people, circumstances and situations causing them?
6. What if instead of heaving a sigh because I must wait in line again, I counted the blessings of a store filled full to shop at?
7. What if instead of jumping so quickly to judgement, I offered more grace, more freely?
8. What if… instead of wallowing in guilt, I also gave more grace to my own self?
9. What if instead of missing the moments, I slowed down to savor the sweet?
10. What if…..Next week I get grumpy or discouraged and I have to come back and reread this very list that I wrote myself?