Carole has been on vacation, so this week’s Ten is a timely topic for her!
It is great timing for me, too! We were gone over the weekend on some farm errands and visiting Matthew’s brother and his wife and girlies.
Linking up with Carole ~
This week’s topic ~
What do you miss when you’re not at home?
Tell me YOUR list in the comments. 🙂
1. MY bed!!!! I love my own bed. It feels so good to snuggle back in it. My man and I both miss it when we’re gone.
2. My shower. Same deal. I like my own shower and having my “stuff” in my shower and easily at my fingertips.
3. My daily routines and things I love to do. Oh yeah, daily duties can get humdrum, but all the same I love getting back home to “home and familiar”.
4. My closet and drawers. Living out of a suitcase isn’t what I want to do all the time! 🙂 And I like having all my clothes instead of only what I packed.
5. In this season of life, I miss hearing my daughter play piano when we’re away.
6. I miss gathering in the basement with my people in the evening.
7. Right now, I miss watering my flowerpots and puttering outside in the late evening.
8. I miss my hot drinks and mugs and teacups.
9. I miss my stacks of books. I always take some, but I don’t take them all. And you can never be sure what you might be in the mood for. 🙂 🙂
10. Home. I just miss it and everything it entails. It always, always feels good to come home! I’m grateful!
It’s a wonderful blessing to be able to go. To visit family or friends. To see new places. To get away sometimes.
There are many places I think would be fun to visit or travel, too.
Yet I love this quote ~
“Home is the nicest word there is.”-Laura Ingalls Wilder
Home really is, not only a wonderful word, but a wonderful place!!