1. My wedding day! I loved it Totally enjoyed it. Completely.
2. Snuggling my new-born babies. Not the labor and delivery and c-sections part. But, totally the thrill of meeting them for the first time and wrapping them up all snug and delighting over their tiny fingers and soft cheeks.
3. When I was a teen, my parents took me and some of my best friends on shopping trip excursions once a year for a few years. I would re-do one of those days again. It’d be fun to laugh ourselves silly once again.
4. I’d go back and spend an afternoon splashing in the pool with my smaller and younger kiddos. I had a lot of fun playing games with them and swimming on hot afternoons.
5. A childhood Christmas at my Grandma’s house. I was always so excited to go to Grandma’s and see my cousins and eat my aunt’s monkey bread and find out who had my name in the gift exchange and open up the gifts and eat party mix.
6. My honeymoon. Perhaps that should just go up with number one. We were just a couple of young kids and it felt a bit funny to take off on a trip on our own!! But we sure had a fun time! Oh, and a few years ago we spent a get-away weekend for our anniversary that I’d totally re-do again, too.
7. Christmas at my mom and dad’s when my sister and I each had our first baby girls. We had so much fun with those two babies!
8. I think my Mother and sister and I would totally enjoy reliving a shopping trip when we had five littles to shop for. We all loved shopping for baby clothes. Big kid clothes are NOT THE SAME THING. And big kids tend to have OPINIONS, instead of just letting you dress them in a cutesie outfit! 😉
9. A family get-together at my aunt’s house. We would get together and laugh and play games and eat good food.
10. I can’t recall what year it was, but there was one harvest that especially stands out in my mind. Yes, harvest is always busy, but somehow this year went pretty well and I was working through, Ruth, a Bible study that became a favorite. I would work on in it in the late evening while I was waiting for my farmer man to come home. It just holds a place in my heart as my favorite harvest so far. Harvest is hectic, but it certainly holds its own captivating charm as well.
I know I could come up with a LONG list if I really wanted to start listing and thinking and bringing up memories! This is what came quickly to mind, so there you have it! Special days. Special times. Special people.
Hurrah for memories!
Linking up at Carole Knits