Today, I’m taking a few minutes to jot down a list of ten items I love to keep around for embellishing gifts.
They’re easy to store and it makes me happy to grab them when I go to put together a quick gift or want to “add some pretty” to the package.
1. RiBBoN!!! I like to have a variety of ribbon around. Several spools……a selection of colors……different designs……and a variety of widths and I’m happy! I like the colors in this collection of ribbons over here. This is a fun variety here for Christmas. I like the red chevron and the grosgrain ribbon.
2. Organza bags. I love these! I like having a couple of sizes. I use them for my Lilla Rose clips at shows and for giveaways. And they’re perfect for small gift items or dishcloths. I’ve purchased packages of all white and packages with various colors. I like both. I like the 5×7 size as well as the 4×5. The 4×5 bags work perfectly for one flexi or for a small amount of candy or other small jewelry items.
3. Cute enclosure cards or tags ~ I like mini card to stick on a gift or in one. I’ve found fun ones at Target or Hobby Lobby. I’ve had tags that slide inside little brown bags. They’re cute and fun and simple! You can use them for your “To and From” tag or write a sweet little note for your friend.
6. Paper Flowers. I like having some of my paper flowers around to finish off the top of a gift or stick inside an organza bag with the gift.
7. Washi tape. OH YEAH!!! Washi tape is the best. It adds a terrific flair to gifts and envelopes. LOVE it! This set of gold washi has me all swoony. I have three or four rolls with gold and I’ve really had fun using them!
9. Stickers. Letters and shapes and flowers and fun! Taking a brown paper bag and adding some cute stickers add that bit of extra-special!
10. Stamps. Same thing as stickers! Stamping initials or a name on a card or on Kraft paper or a gift bag give a unique touch.
What do you love to add or use when you package up a gift?
With December and Christmas approaching, it’s a gift-packaging time of year! 🙂