July has crept into August. Locusts hum outside and the hot hay-aroma of freshly mown grass hangs in the late afternoon air. I’m never quite ready to see summer slip silently towards autumn. And before it does, let’s sneak in a few more days of water splashing and hammock-laying and lazy afternoons of reading.
Here’s a list I’ve compiled of books I love. Glance over them and see if there’s a title or two you want to open up and read your way through the last summer month!
I’ve been re-reading Simply Tuesday.
4. Would you like to laugh and embrace life all at the same time? Life with its ups and downs, smiles and frowns and moments and memories. Try A Little Salty to Cut the Sweet and Sparkly Green Earrings.
5. If you feel like stepping into small town life, rich with an assortment of characters and yummy food, woven full of life and where adventures abound, pick up the Mitford series by Jan Karon. These stories are so fun!
8. How about a good dose of contagious enthusiasm?! So Close to Amazing is your book!!! With total asides and a good red lipstick, you’ll be good to go.
9. Looking for a good book about family and relationships? In my opinion, look no further! A Family Shaped by Grace by Gary Morland
10. Want to read for fun? I love Katherine Reay’s novels. If you’re a Jane Austen fan, you may very well like these books!
Do you have a book recommendation or two for me?! 🙂